What is it?
A set of 115 indices which measure the temporal changes of the 23 railroad commodity carloads indices. These are the weekly (W), bi-weekly (F), monthly (M), quarterly (Q), and yearly (Y) percent changes, which will be appended to an existing indice as such: RTOCOW.USA; Coal Carloads - Weekly Change.
The indices are:
- RTOGR W/F/M/Q/Y - Grain Carloads
- RTOFP W/F/M/Q/Y- Farm Product excl. Grain Carloads
- RTOMO W/F/M/Q/Y - Metallic Ores Carloads
- RTOCO W/F/M/Q/Y - Coal Carloads
- RTOCS W/F/M/Q/Y - Crushed Stone, Sand and Gravel Carloads
- RTONM W/F/M/Q/Y - Non Metallic Minerals Carloads
- RTOGM W/F/M/Q/Y - Grain Mill Products Carloads
- RTOFD W/F/M/Q/Y - Food Products Carloads
- RTOPF W/F/M/Q/Y - Primary Forest Products Carloads
- RTOLW W/F/M/Q/Y - Lumber and Wood Carloads
- RTOPU W/F/M/Q/Y - Pulp and Paper Carloads
- RTOCH W/F/M/Q/Y - Chemical Carloads
- RTOPP W/F/M/Q/Y - Petroleum Products Carloads
- RTOSG W/F/M/Q/Y - Stone, Clay, and Glass Products Carloads
- RTOCK W/F/M/Q/Y - Coke Carloads
- RTOPM W/F/M/Q/Y - Primary Metal Products Carloads
- RTOMV W/F/M/Q/Y - Motor Vehicles and Parts Carloads
- RTOIS W/F/M/Q/Y - Iron Steel and Scrap Carloads
- RTOWS W/F/M/Q/Y - Waste and Scrap Carloads
- RTOAE W/F/M/Q/Y - Other Carloads
- RTOIC W/F/M/Q/Y - Total Intermodal Containers
- RTOIT W/F/M/Q/Y - Total Intermodal Trailers
- RTOTC W/F/M/Q/Y - Total Carloads
Who is interested?
Rail Freight Carriers and Analysts
What does it tell me?
The temporal changes (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly) of the various commodities carloads tickers tell you the change of volume between each of the time periods. The volume changes can be seen in Class I (.CLASSI) and Class II (.CLASSII) railroads, as well as Canadian (.CAN), Mexican (.MEX) and the United States (.USA) railroads.